The Phatshoane Henney Group has over the last number of years implemented Group Standards to which all member firms must aspire and which underpin the key Group Values member firms are required to adopt to become a New Breed of Law Firm™.
The New Breed of Law Firm™ campaign is uniquely aligned with the Phatshoane Henney Group and personifies the drive of the Group to position each member firm not only as the leading law firm in its region, but also as a compliant, well-managed, diversified South African law firm - a New Breed of Law Firm for South Africa, today.
To claim the status of being a New Breed of Law Firm™, member firms must progressively implement best practices at their firm, ranging from client service, marketing, strategic planning, staff satisfaction, firm practices, training and development, regulatory compliance, risk management, transformation and more.
These best practices have been meticulously designed to provide a robust foundation for the practices needed by a leading law firm. To determine compliance, the Phatshoane Henney Group annually conducts a comprehensive survey of each of its member firms, measuring compliance with over 60 best practices at each firm using an evidence-based audit conducted by the Group, and determining a Group Standards Scorecard for each firm.
To reward firms that have excelled in the their annual Group Standards audit, the Group has introduced its annual Achiever Awards, rewarding firms for exceptional results with recognition and the opportunity to use their achievement in the coming year to demonstrate to staff and clients why it is recognised by the Group as being a New Breed of Law Firm™. Each award is valid for a year and must be annually reconfirmed by the firm in the following year.
The following two award categories are recognised:
Group Standards Gold Achiever 2019 – for firms that obtained above 80% compliance with the Group Standards.
Group Standards Platinum Achiever 2019 – for firms that obtained above 90% compliance with the Group Standards.
The Phatshoane Henney Group is proud to announce the following firms who have obtained Achiever Awards in 2019 (in alphabetical order):
Group Standards Platinum Achievers 2019
Group Standards Gold Achievers 2019
- BVZ Attorneys, Randburg
- DBM Attorneys, Newcastle
- Drake Flemmer & Orsmond, East London and King William’s Town
- Du Plessis & van der Westhuizen, Rustenburg
- Lange Carr & Wessels, Upington
- Lowndes Dlamini Attorneys, Sandton
- Millers, George
- NEA Attorneys, Centurion and Potchefstroom
- Neumann van Rooyen, Welkom
- Schulz Attorneys, Wartburg and Hilton
- Seymore du Toit & Basson, Nelspruit
- Theart Mey Attorneys, Alberton
- Tonkin Clacey, Rosebank
- VDT Attorneys, Pretoria
- Wright-Rose Innes, Bedfordview and Central Johannesburg
- DBC Attorneys, Sasolburg
- De Jager & Lordan, Grahamstown
- Johan Coetzee, Witbank
- Langenhoven Pistorius & Modihapula Attorneys, Brits and Hartebeespoort
- Miller Bosman Le Roux, Somerset West
- Mosdell, Pama & Cox, Plettenburg Bay and Knysna
- Van der Spuy & Partners, Paarl
- Weich & Kriel, Pongola