This year the Phatshoane Henney Group of Associated Law Firms has awarded 12 bursaries with a total value of R250,000 to black candidate attorneys serving articles at Group member firms nationwide.
“These bursaries form part of the Phatshoane Henney Group support initiatives to grow the number of black professionals in the group. By assisting Group firms to enhance their offer to candidates, it not only addresses the challenge of attracting quality black candidate attorneys to Group firms located away from main centra, but also of supporting member firms who have set themselves specific targets for the appointment and development of black professionals at their firms,” remarks Group Chair, Douglas Henney.
The bursaries were paid to candidate attorneys via the Phatshoane Henney Foundation, the Group’s registered non-profit charitable trust.
The following candidates received bursaries from the Phatshoane Henney Foundation at the beginning of 2019:
- Masechaba Nkambula, articling at Bekker Brink & Brink Inc.
- Bonginkosi Ngubeni, articling at Breytenbach Mavuso Inc.
- Zothani Maseko, articling at DBM Attorneys
- Cwayita Arosi, articling at Greyvenstein Inc.
- Dikhumo Moeti, articling at Kotzé Low Swanepoel
- Hannah Mokoena, articling at Langenhoven Pistorius & Partners Inc.
- Porthri Blaauw, articling at Mosdell, Pama & Cox Inc.
- Chanre West, articling at Neumann van Rooyen Inc.
- Tumi Mokobe, articling at Neumann van Rooyen Inc.
- Ellerize Morrie, articling at Van der Spuy & Partners
- Bongani Dondolo, articling at Van de Wall Inc.
- Sean Smith, articling at Van de Wall Inc.