At the Phatshoane Henney Group Gala evening held on the 8th of November 2019 in Bloemfontein, Douglas Henney, Group Chair, awarded Achiever Awards to 23 member firms to recognise their exceptional contribution, support and commitment to the Group and its values.
To claim the status of being a New Breed of Law Firm™, member firms must progressively implement best practices at their firm, ranging from client service, marketing, strategic planning, staff satisfaction, firm practices, training and development, regulatory compliance, risk management, transformation and more.
These best practices have been meticulously designed to provide a robust foundation for the practices needed by a leading law firm. To determine compliance, the Phatshoane Henney Group annually conducts a comprehensive survey of each of its member firms, measuring compliance with over 60 best practices at each firm using an evidence-based audit conducted by the Group, and determining a Group Standards Scorecard for each firm.
To reward firms that have excelled in the their annual Group Standards audit, the Group has introduced its annual Achiever Awards, rewarding firms for exceptional results with recognition and the opportunity to use their achievement in the coming year to demonstrate to staff and clients why it is recognised by the Group as being a New Breed of Law Firm™. Each award is valid for a year and must be annually reconfirmed by the firm in the following year.
THis year eight firms have achieved Gold Achiever status for an average scorecard result of above 80% compliance, and 15 firms have achieved Platinum Achiever status for an average of above 90% compliance.
We're proud to announce the following firms who have obtained Achiever Awards in 2019 (in alphabetical order):Group Standards Platinum Achievers 2019
- BVZ Attorneys, Randburg
- DBM Attorneys, Newcastle
- Drake Flemmer & Orsmond, East London and King William’s Town
- Du Plessis & van der Westhuizen, Rustenburg
- Lange Carr & Wessel, Upington
- Lowndes Dlamini Attorneys, Sandton
- Millers, George
- NEA Attorneys, Centurion and Potchefstroom
- Neumann van Rooyen, Welkom
- Schulz Attorneys, Wartburg and Hilton
- Seymore du Toit & Basson, Nelspruit
- Theart Mey Attorneys, Alberton
- Tonkin Clacey, Rosebank
- VDT Attorneys, Pretoria
- Wright-Rose Innes, Bedfordview and Central Johannesburg
Group Standards Gold Achievers 2019
- DBC Attorneys, Sasolburg
- De Jager & Lordan, Grahamstown
- Johan Coetzee Inc, Witbank
- Langenhoven Pistorius & Modihapula Attorneys, Brits and Hartebeespoort
- Miller Bosman Le Roux, Somerset West
- Mosdell, Pama & Cox, Plettenburg Bay and Knysna
- Van der Spuy & Partners, Paarl
- Weich & Kriel, Pongola
Congratulations to each of the firms listed above, as well as every member of their staff!
With our help and their commitment, we wish for every member firm to be able to rightfully claim their status as New Breed Law Firms.
For more on the Group Achiever Awards, click here.